Wednesday 28 April 2010

Thought I'd post some things that I've been interested in lately if you care to take a look;

"The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination"
Don Williams Jnr.

In the currently issue of Flux Magazine, there is an article on a project by Roderik Henderson called 'The Road' which I thought was really interesting. I actually wrote a review on it for an assignment. Basically, Henderson travelled America photographing people in their cars as they travelled somewhere.
Some people he photographed actually lived in their cars. Ultimately though, he wanted to photograph people "caught somewhere between departure and destination". I thought it was really interesting, especially when he talks about some of the people he met. Its only a short article but I really love projects like this! I think you should take a look! :)

Another project that I love is 'Ice 4 Milk' by Francis Alys. I saw this at the Tate Liverpool a couple of weeks ago. It should still be there. Alys documents Milk delivered to people's doors. Its pretty much a typology project which I love! She also photographs Ice blocks in different places (I didn't really get that bit?) however the milk aspect is really interesting. I have just completed a typology assignment that I did over about 3 months, I also published a book on it. I shall do a post about it later. Its on the really exciting theme of GATES;)

Anyway, check them out. I am currently looking for somewhere to sell my camera, I want a new one :)

Rose x

No comments:

Post a Comment